Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Naughty, naughty Howie

Sooooo...Howie ate my bookclub book today. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, I mean, only the back and front (hard)covers are missing and chewed, as well as two pages from the back of the book. But, he did leave all the pages with actual writing untouched, and the dust jacket is PRISTINE - almost as if he carefully removed it before the carnage began. Perhaps he was planning on putting the dust cover back on when he was done, carefully placing the book back on my nightstand, and hope that I wouldn't notice that anything was amiss. As it was, I interrupted him as he was still using the book as his pillow. *Sigh* Naughty, naughty dog.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I know you aren't seeing the humor in it at the moment....but what was his opinion of the book.

Lynn said...

I, frankly, do not believe a word of it. Howie would never do such a thing. Just look at his face. I think you did it and are blaming Howie, that is what I think. So there.

Janna said...

I can't decide if him leaving the pages readable means that he didn't care for the book, or if it means he liked it so much that he thought I should read it. :-)