Sunday, July 6, 2008

My First Blogpost Ever...Sort Of

Welcome to my first blog post EVER....sort of. I mean, it's my first blog aside from my ever-so-brief flirtation with livejournal (whatever happened to that site? Note to self: must search and destroy.) and my longer affair with Xanga. Whoo-boy do those Xanga posts get self-righteous, and heated...but then, by-and-large, so are blogs.

Livejournal was my first brief foray into blogging during my college years...I think I made A post. Xanga was my "just-out-of-college-and-I'm-so-hip-know-it-all" phase. Here you would find a lot of "quizes" that were insightful to my deep, dark personality, summarized nicely in a "What Disney Princess Are You?" format, a bunch of liberal ranting (don't worry, I'm still liberal...as if you cared), some really sarcastic and probably insensitive posts and comments (because I was a fiery-know-it-all recent college grad...not that all recent college grads are...but I was) and I believe some nostalgic posts here and there. Both times, as with this blog, I was persuaded into the blogging world by friends - different sets of friends each time.

So what is different about THIS blog? WELL, this is my "I'm an adult now with real responsibilities (husband, house, dog, career) and I know just enough now to know I don't know anything" blog. AND I was persuaded by my bookclub friends, so maybe it's more literary? Nah, more likely this will just reflect what I actually like after about 10 years (or 30) figuring it out and deciding to embrace it: reading and cooking/baking, primarily and perhaps some social commentary and personal updates on the side.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

yay, you caved!! :)

i shall be eagerly awaiting each and every post!

Lynn said...

Good for you, your blog looks as lovely as you are. I will bookmark this and visit often.