Friday, July 18, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Luke gets home tonight! He was in Ireland all week, and is currently waiting for his flight home at JFK! Hurrah! Howie and I have missed him this week.

Because Luke has been gone, I've been trying to leave work early every day and work from home for a chunk every afternoon to spend more time with Howie. My sister checks on the pooch at mid-day, but I leave earlier and get home later than Luke does - especially this week when it's taken me an HOUR to get home every day! Howie has been a little moody without his "papa" around anyway, but it gets to comical proportions when I'm home working. He loves having me HOME, but he *really* wants me to be playing, snuggling and otherwise paying him undivided attention. Currently is lying on the floor next to me, staring up at me with his soulful hound-dog eyes, sighing, moaning, and a bit of crying. Last night he did the same - quickly remedied when I quit for the day and spent a good 1/2 hour snuggling him on the couch.

Of course this behavior only makes me love the dog more - I mean, C'MON, think about how NEEDED he makes me feel! It's wonderful. If you don't have a dog, I highly recommend you get one. :-)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Why am I picturing you and Howie fighting over who gets the first hug when Luke gets home?