Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Meme

Why are these called "meme's?" Anyone? Bueller?

Borrowed this from Jen's blog.....

1. Which do you like better: Cooking at your house, or going elsewhere?
I love to cook, but I've never hosted/cooked a Thanksgiving dinner. So, I'm not sure if I'd like that endeavor. By default, I must say going elsewhere.

2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen bird?
My mother does frozen, Luke's grandma does fresh.

3. What kind of stuffing? I don't go for the sausage stuffing, but I like pretty much anything else.

4. Sweet potato or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin pie.

5. Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse, or the point of the whole thing? Love leftovers. I've been known to have a stuffing, turkey and gravy sandwich. Yes, that's right a sandwich with a bread component as the filling.

6. Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? I would riot if there were no stuffing or cranberries.

7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? My mom does, and I would, too.

8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier? I don't think it could get any easier than having it made for me. Maybe if it was brought to my house and was prepared here.

9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon, or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? "Dinner" for my good rural Minnesotan family is the mid-day meal (the evening meal is supper), so Thanksgiving dinner is at 1 p.m.

10. If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring? Mom and Grandma discourage visitors from bringing food - I think it goes against the rural farm thing. Who knows? But, I typically bring a snack/gnosh food (this year sausage, cheese and crackers) or a dessert. Something to nibble on.

11. What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house? I wish all dinner guests would leave their issues and drama at the door. Better, yet - back home.

12. Does your usual mix of guests result in drama, or is it a group you're happy to see? There are certain dramatic elements - but most of us keep it cool.

13. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Didn't I already answer this above? See, this is why I can't do these "meme" things. I have too many opinions. Oh, the answer is STUFFING.

14. What are you thankful for this year? Luke and my good jobs/job security, good health, happy home.

No comments: